The term Realtor® is a registered trademark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the National Association of Realtors® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics and Standard of Practice. Real estate professionals who are not members of the National Association of Realtors® cannot use the term Realtor®.
Become an Idaho Realtor®
- Take the salesperson pre-licensing class. Visit the Idaho Real Estate Commission (IREC) website for details.
- Take and successfully pass the state and national portions of the salesperson licensing exam
- Get fingerprinted for a background check
- Submit the Salesperson Application to the Idaho Real Estate Commission, along with your application fee.
- Join your local board/association of Realtors®, which will give you membership to Idaho Realtors® and the National Association of Realtors®. Find your local board/association of Realtors®.
- Join a brokerage
- Complete the required New Member Orientation class withing 60 days of becoming a member (contact IR for a list of classes).