2023 REALTOR® Volunteer Days
Idaho REALTORS Good Neighbor Award
Idaho REALTORS® Good Neighbor Award is an exciting opportunity for our members to be recognized for their outstanding contributions to the community through volunteer work. We encourage Idaho REALTORS® who are participating in the REALTORS® Are Good Neighbors Volunteer Days event to consider nominating themselves or their fellow REALTORS® for the Idaho REALTORS Good Neighbor Award.
The Good Neighbor Award is designed to honor those who have made a significant impact as volunteers for nonprofit organizations. To be eligible, nominees must be members of Idaho REALTORS® in good standing. The award criteria include evaluating the level of personal contribution, the impact of that contribution, the broadness of the impact, and the project’s suitability as a role model for other REALTORS®. Nominees are encouraged to document their individual involvement through published reports or testimonials from the organization they served or the people they helped.
Mark your calendar for REALTORS® Are Good Neighbors Volunteer Days taking place June 3-11, 2023. Join Idaho REALTORS® and NAR as we encourage associations and members across the country to organize and participate in a local volunteer activity.
This event aims to encourage REALTORS® to make a difference in their communities by volunteering their time and resources to help those in need. REALTORS® are encouraged to participate by joining local association’s volunteer events or getting involved with their favorite non-profit. There are many ways to volunteer, including organizing a neighborhood cleanup, volunteering at a food bank, or volunteering for a Habitat for Humanity build.
Let’s work together to make a difference in our communities and show that REALTORS® are good neighbors.
Save the Date: June 3 — 11
Mark your calendar for the 2023 REALTORS® Are Good Neighbors Volunteer Days, and be a part of our collective force for good.
Plan a Volunteer Activity
Choose a good cause where you, your association, brokerage or organization can make a real difference. Then, plan a volunteer activity and rally your members, agents, and colleagues to participate and serve as shining examples in your community.
Looking for ways to make a difference? Consider:
- Call your favorite nonprofit and ask what you can do to help.
- Volunteer with your local Boys & Girls Club.
- Organize a neighborhood cleanup.
- Run a food drive for your local pantry.
- Plan a meal tree for a neighbor in need.
- Offer to walk the dogs at a shelter.
- Offer your skill or hobby: sewing, coaching, teaching art.
- Volunteer for a Habitat for Humanity build.Ask a school/place of worship/nonprofit if you can help garden, weed, or trim.
- Sort donations at a food bank or thrift shop.
- Gather a group to serve a thank-you lunch to first responders, teachers, healthcare workers.
- Assemble holiday gift bags for nursing home residents or kids in the hospital.
- Plan a Career Day for high school students.